- About Us
Lowering Fire Restrictions
Effective at midnight on Friday, Oct. 12, the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) High Desert District will lift all fire restrictions implemented by the Kemmerer, Pinedale and Rock Springs field offices within Fremont, Lincoln, Sublette and Uinta counties.
Fire restrictions were put into effect in June when the fire danger level rose to high due to dry fuel conditions, hot weather and low moisture. Cooler temperatures and increased moisture have helped improve conditions so that the following activities can resume on BLM-administered public lands:
· Building, maintaining, attending, or using a fire or campfire.
· Operating a chainsaw.
· Using an arc or gas welder or acetylene or other torch.
The following restrictions are in effect year-round on BLM-administered public lands:
· Discharging or using fireworks.
· Discharging a firearm using incendiary or tracer ammunition.
· Burning or igniting tires, wires, magnesium, or other hazardous or explosive material.
· Operating an off-road vehicle unless it is equipped with a properly installed spark arrester.